Hello, book friends! I’ve been nominated for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award by Jodie over at That Happy Reader. Thanks so much to Jodie for the nomination, and make sure to check out their phenomenal blog for more bookish goodness, including the wonderful Who Wears it Better? post series. You can view their Ideal Inspiration post here.
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Answer their questions
- Nominate other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
- Provide the link of the Award creator of the Ideal Inspiration Blogger award as Rising Star.
What is your favorite book setting and why?
This is a tough one, because I don’t tend to think too much about setting when choosing a book. I do tend to really enjoy books set in the UK, particularly in London. I think this is a holdover from my childhood of being obsessed with all things British. In college, I got to study abroad and live in Grantham for several months, so now these books are nice memories of what that time in my life was like.
If you had to choose only one book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Imagine only getting to read one book for the rest of your life! Such a good question. I think it would have to be the collected works of Jane Austen because that lets me cheat and get several books in one, and I do adore Austen’s work, even if I mainly read more contemporary things these days.
What book are you most looking forward to reading in 2022?
An easy question! Book Lovers by Emily Henry, who is one of my favorite authors. She also lives in my favorite city, my hometown, so I feel particularly pleased to support her work and watch her success.
Where is your preferred place and time to read?
I love reading on my couch in the early mornings, snuggled up with my pup and a cup of coffee. That’s the most consistent reading time and space in my life, though I do also adore reading in the park or on vacation when I can.
How do you choose your next book to read?
It depends! Sometimes I just go up to my TBR stack and pick what looks good. Other times I try to stick to a schedule and go with what’s up next in my Netgalley queue in terms of publication date. I’m feeling more towards the mood reader side these days after being very disciplined earlier in the year.
Questions for My Nominees
- What genre(s) do you tend to read the least often, and why?
- What is your favorite snack and/or beverage to read with?
- Were you always a reader or did you have a “book lover” origin story later in life?
- Name a book you associate with a specific reading memory (i.e. I read this book on the top of a mountain, with my best friend, etc).
- What’s the most recent book you reviewed, and how did you like it?
You know I don’t like to tag/nominate people for things because of my social anxiety, but I’m going to actually follow the rules this time and nominate a few wonderful bloggers to answer these questions. Only if you want to, though! No pressure!
Again, no pressure to participate! I’m nominating you because I’ve enjoyed reading your blog, so feel free to just take the kudos and move on.
Many thanks to Jodie for nominating me to do this post! I had a lot of fun answering the questions and thinking of my own. Until next time, book friends!